Baby it’s cold outside! Don’t let to cold de-rail you from you fit anti-resolutions! Celebrate the cold and escape to Studio Revolution for a sweaty time. Post workout reward yourself with a healthy and HOT Studio Revolution Post Shred Approved Chili!
• 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
• 1 large onion diced
• 4 cloves of garlic minced
• 2 jalapeños, seeded (if desired) and diced
• 1 cup diced celery
• 1 cup button mushrooms
• 1 lg. red bell pepper, seeded and diced
• 1 can crushed tomatoes
• 2 cups vegetable broth
• 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 tbsp. chipolte chilli powder
• 1 Tsp. smoked paprika
• 2 tsp. ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1/2 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
• Fresh avocado and cilantro
1. In a large sauce pan on medium heat, sauté the onion, garlic, jalapeños until the onion is soft and translucent (I like to add a pinch of salt to the onion as it sautés)
2. Next add the celery, mushrooms, and the bell pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
3. Once the celery and mushrooms have had a chance to soften, stir in the crushed tomatoes, the beans, and all the spices.
4. Turn up the heat to high, and let the chilli come to a boil.
5. Let the chilli simmer for 15 minutes, this will give your chilli a nice texture. Give a little taste test, and adjust the spice. (I like spicy so I often increase the heat).
5. Serve, hot with slices of avocado on cilantro!