Moves We Love: Wave Runners!!
This August at Studio Revolution we’re all about abs. One, of the many, reasons why we love SURFSET is that a SURFSET board transforms any exercise into an “oh my core” workout.
This, OMC fact is especially true for the Wave Runner. The Studio Revolution Wave Runner, is our twist on the traditional mountain climber exercise.
We think Wave Runners are the bomb. Here’s why:
- Wave Runners are a callisthenic exercise that challenges: agility, balance, body awareness, and coordination.
- Wave Runners promote cardio and muscular fitness by recruiting multiple muscle groups.
- The running aspect of Wave Runners promotes flexibility and blood circulation.
- To hold the Wave Plank, while you run, Wave Runners force you to actively engage your upper arm, back, core and leg muscles to hold the position.
- They benefit muscular and cardiovascular fitness by increasing strength, flexibility and blood circulation. Mountain climbers require you to engage your upper arms muscles, as well as your core and your legs.
- The added wobble of the SURFSET board increase the total body burn of the move.
Wave Run Like a Champ!
Wave Runner’s are hard. The SURFSET board increases the challenge of the move. When you’re in class focus on form. Come to a high plank position, and check your set up. Are your hands underneath your shoulders, your feet hip-width apart with your toes tucked under and legs engaged? Tuck your tail under, pull in your abdominals, and tuck in your chin.
From a strong plank position, set your intention and begin to run your knees into your chest. To up the intensity pick up pace.